Friday, September 5, 2008
The McCain campaign has made 9/11 the centerpiece of their platform. The argument, of course, is that America has not suffered another terrorist attack since 9/11 because of strong Republican leadership.
Let's put aside the fact that the anthrax attacks occured just a couple of weeks later (and were an inside job).
Let's put aside the fact that America hasn't suffered any more terrorist attacks simply because the boys haven't authorized any more false flag attacks (yes, they do deserve credit for that!)
And let's put aside the fact that the Iraq war was launched based on an intentional false linkage with 9/11.
Let's just focus on whether the Republican White House and their democratic and republican co-conspirators in Congress have made us any safer. The answer is clearly no:
- The "war on terror" in Iraq and elsewhere has gravely interfered with our national security. For example, American intelligence agencies have concluded that the Iraq war has increased the threat of terrorism (and see this and this)
- While the 9-11 Commission made numerous recommendations on how to prevent future terrorist attacks -- many of them simple and inexpensive to implement -- the Bush administration has failed to do so (and see this). Moreover, the White House has actively blocked efforts to do so
- The Department of Homeland Security, instead of protecting vulnerable targets, has instead randomly made up lists which include kangaroo centers, petting zoos and ice cream parlors as high-priority terrorist threats. And the administration is refusing to fill important positions at DHS so that our security can be protected
- The government is using all of its resources spying on innocent people who obviously have never met a terrorist in their life, and harassing reporters, children and other innocent American citizens instead of real terrorists (see this, this and this)
- The administration has rolled out a massive torture program. However, torture makes us less, safe, not more safe, because - according to the top experts - it interferes with interrorators' ability to obtain information, and it radicalizes the people being tortured
- By needlessly extending the state of emergency up to today, sidestepping the Constitution and stomping on American's freedoms, they have created unrest and instability. Unrest and instability can lead to civil disobedience, civil war or revolution
- America's reputation in the world has been destroyed. Everyone with a tv anywhere in the world knows that the "war on terror" is a fraud (even insider and war hawk Zbigniew Brzezinskiother leading experts are now admitting that the war on terror is a racket; a top advisor to the U.S. military has confirmed that the war on terror is a hoax because there is no battlefield solution to terrorism; and the neocons themselves admit that the war on terror is a hoax)