Ter·ror·ist (noun): Anyone Who Disagrees with the Government → Washingtons Blog
Ter·ror·ist (noun): Anyone Who Disagrees with the Government - Washingtons Blog

Friday, March 20, 2009

Ter·ror·ist (noun): Anyone Who Disagrees with the Government

The Department of Homeland Security and police forces label anyone who they disagree with - or who disagrees with government policies - as "terrorists".

Don't believe me?

Well, according to a law school professor, pursuant to the Military Commissions Act, "Anyone who ... speaks out against the government's policies could be declared an 'unlawful enemy combatant' and imprisoned indefinitely. That includes American citizens."

And according to an FBI memo, peace protesters are being labeled as "terrorists". Indeed, police have been terrorizing children, little old ladies and other "dangerous" people who attempted to peacefully protest.

And a 2003 FBI memo describes protesters' use of videotaping as an "intimidation" technique, even though - as the ACLU points out - "Most mainstream demonstrators often use videotape during protests to document law enforcement activity and, more importantly, deter police from acting outside the law." The FBI appears to be objecting to the use of cameras to document unlawful behavior by law enforcement itself.

And the Internet has been labeled as a breeding ground for terrorists, with anyone who questions the government's versions of history being especially equated with terrorists.

Now, the state of Missouri has labeled as terrorists current Congressman Ron Paul and his supporters, former Congressman Bob Barr, libertarians in general, anyone who holds gold, and a host of other people.

In other words, anyone who disagrees with the "acceptable" way of looking at things is a terrorist.

How is this different from Stalin or Mao's use of labels such as "enemy of the state"?

8 comments:

  1. Oh yes, I certainly believe you. Accountability of their fake charges? Not so much...


    Signed,

    Prissy "Terrorist" Patriot

    ReplyDelete
  2. How is this different from Stalin or Mao's use of labels such as "enemy of the state"?

    No different. That's why I got out of the land of the formerly free many years ago. Best thing I ever did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. we saw this coming with bush's famous dichotomy, 'with me or with the terrorists.' at that moment, i knew i was a terrorist. and i realized that we were living in a world inverted by the most malign animals in history. and, with this realization, i understood one more thing. there is no reasoning with bigots like these. there is either tolerance and long suffering, or confrontation. terrorist that i am, i chose the former. however, the more evidence of injustice, as with this further malignancy of law enforcement, the closer i come to changing my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ben your post made me laugh... my degree is in law enforcement criminal justice...and when Dubya made his infamous 'yer with us, or yer with the terrists' I knew who immediately who were the true terrorists...and traitors to American core values. But then, I was an "A" student LOL maybe I got me one of them "liberal" law enforcement degrees and didn't know it;)

    Great work as usual, George!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a terrorist.

    I'm a "Counter-Intelligence Insurgent" ... running psychological warfare operations against the real terrorists !

    Like the rest of you !!!

    Keep up the good work Mr President !

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Now, the state of Missouri has labeled as terrorists current Congressman Ron Paul and his supporters, former Congressman Bob Barr, libertarians in general, anyone who holds gold, and a host of other people."

    No. The state of Missouri labels anyone with those views as part of the Militia movement. Yes, I support Ron Paul and some of the stuff in that MIAC document, but no where does it call anyone a terrorist.

    ReplyDelete
  7. bosunj, can I ask where you went? I may want to follow you...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I support Dr. Ron Paul.
    I believe 9/11 was an inside job.
    I want the Federal Reserve abolished.
    I ride bikes.
    I have a GPS AND an almanac in my car.
    I like to take pictures.
    I run a libertarian website ( www.latruth.com ).
    I wear T-shirts that say "investigate 9/11"
    Vincent Bugliosi's book "Prosecute George W. Bush for murder is on my coffee table.

    I guess I'm a terrorist/extremist because I don't want my kids growing up in this shit hole.

    ReplyDelete

→ Thank you for contributing to the conversation by commenting. We try to read all of the comments (but don't always have the time).

→ If you write a long comment, please use paragraph breaks. Otherwise, no one will read it. Many people still won't read it, so shorter is usually better (but it's your choice).

→ The following types of comments will be deleted if we happen to see them:

-- Comments that criticize any class of people as a whole, especially when based on an attribute they don't have control over

-- Comments that explicitly call for violence

→ Because we do not read all of the comments, I am not responsible for any unlawful or distasteful comments.